Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Our Wedding Rings

My mom gave me my Grandma's ring because I loved it so much and we thought about using it as my engagement ring but it is a little too big and the prongs are very delicate so I asked Ryan if we could find one that looked similar. I loved the idea of having a colored stone in the center and I loved the idea of having it be a golden hue so that way (in my mind) having the band in white gold and the stone a golden hue it would match no matter if I was wearing silver or gold jewelry. So anyway I thought it would be super nice to have a champagne diamond in the center surrounded by regular diamonds. I love the idea of champagne diamonds - how they are more in their natural state. All of my diamonds are conflict free too and it was handmade in a family run shop in NYC- Ryan actually bought the ring via Etsy. Our wedding bands were also hand made by Reuben Wilde in Oneonta and he did an etching in them to make them look old. We love them!

The first picture below is my Grandma's ring










No comments:

Post a Comment